Year 1 - What a year!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ItssJack, Jun 30, 2018.

1. ItssJack

ItssJack Operations Manager
    Operations Manager Managing Staff

ItssJack
    Manager
    Wow! I can't even believe that I'm typing this thread up right now, It's official, FireWork is 1 Year old and wow what a year it has been! Now you're probably wondering, 1 year? That's really not much but what are we doing for it? C'mon we must be doing something! Now I'm going to be going over a few things in this thread here.

Initially, I want to do a few special appreciation notices from an administration's/My point of view showing a few of my feelings about these moments and showing some of maybe the newer player base the cool things that have happened! Then I shall be covering what I will be doing for this anniversary event! and then finally wrapping things up with this summer and a small thing for you guys to decide as the players!

So, A whole year. Many of you have been here for the year, some maybe not but either way, I have a massive thank you to everyone not only you guys, the players, The members of the networking's team we have had over the past year. Moderators, Builder and Developers alike without you guys we couldn't make FireWork what it is today without you guys supporting us and helping us through mine and tangs crazy shenanigans

First of all most, I want to just give a massive thanks to @tangwyllt for well making FireWork and allow myself and the team do what we have done to it up until today, Giving not just me, Many other people the first opportunity at a staffing position(Or position in a certain role), For me personally this was the first full-time developer role I had taken up ever as a proper java developer not just I guess "configurator"(Explains why my coding can be so rough trust me I've been coding for years now though lol), I know many people on the team it is their first time being moderator, builder etc and I have to say you have given many of us essentially a home and a family.

Secondly, I want to personally thank @Tori and @YesItsTyler for keeping me sane for the past year of being on the team together, These guys have truly helped me to keep going when I have felt like giving up completely with the network, Omg it's the end of the world jack just admitted that he has doubts, At the end of the day I am only human and I will constantly stress that fact. I truly cannot thank these three enough for the support they have given me and the help they have given me, Yes, unfortunately, Tori is no longer part of the staffing team but she has still been here for almost a year now she was our first moderator/helper accepted through applications.

Lastly, I want to thank @TJF101 for being an amazing member of the leadership to our build team and helping me out so much with not only the build side of FireWork some of the creative and media side of the network. This kid is the reason I stayed building for FireWork despite not having to, He helped us alongside 3Fiedels pull through the hub project and plan out hub so amazingly and I wouldn't want to change how the hub is at all now, I think he deserves a lot more thanks than I may give him at times especially after putting up with my craziness whilst he's trying to be productive aha

I think more than anything, I need to give a massive thank you to you guys, The players, we have a total of 630 unique logins across the network(Since hub release) even saying that stat seems insane to me, Absolutely crazy but that's all you guys, You guys allow us to even say things like that and we can't thank you guys enough for playing on our network and supporting us like you do. I can only promise that what the network is now, what the forums are now, what the discord is now is only the beginning of FireWork Network as a whole. We love every single one of you for the support you show and we will not stop providing more content for you no matter how spaced out it may be! <3

NOW onto the fun stuff - What are we doing for the birthday?

Now, This is a hard one as if you did not know I personally have not been on the team for a month or so, I only rejoined about a week or two ago now so unfortunatly I have not had the time to prepare anything personally, and Tang has been busy with school so unfortunately, I do not bring you much for this birthday.

BUT it does not mean I am bringing you nothing, now I'm slowly running a few small updates to the forums as it's been half a year since we've had them now roughly and i thought why not update them a little, You may notice that we now have a beautiful picture of our hub in the background for each theme now, A night time one for our "Dark mode" theme and a Daytime one for our "Light mode" theme, A massive thanks to @Neb for the pictures, you can check his twitter out here (@GamerDudeNEB).

Not only will I be doing this for the forums I will be adding a new rating system per suggestion by @iPolarr what I will address more in the "Minor Announcements" subforum tomorrow when it is released! And maybe another mystery feature what is yet to be confirmed due to issues I have been getting with it over time, but hopefully will be releasing it tomorrow with the new ratings!

Okay so that's all cool for the forums, what about the network itself? What are you bringing to the network? To be brutally honest, Development wise nothing unfortunately as all the features for the network we have planned requires me to code them from scratch what I have not had the time to even consider starting, so we can't release them now BUT this does not mean they will never come out! I'm off of education for two months now so I will be working hard on features for the network with the team - What is only left to come up next!

But now, if you missed the discord message from me last night, as a team we have all built a small plot for tangwyllt as a thank you for what he has done for us, It contains a bunch of the teams favourite memories on firework with not only each other, ourselves and you guys! I know a few staff have quite a few memories with you guys so it may be good to see for you guys, If you want to check it out go to the creative server then go to plot with the ID -1;2 or you can run /p h itssjack 4 to get there.

Besides all this, I want to announce that I will be doing a give away for the birthday! You can view the gifts below and I will explain how to win below to rewards!

Rewards
    1x FireStar Rank*
    5 x Hub FireWork Crates
    10 x Survival Crate Keys(Type at random)
    1x Your head or a head of your choice in the hub cosmetics GUI
    1x Mystery Prize TBC

*If you already have a FireStar rank you will receive the perks you get when purchasing the rank
    All you need to do is leave a comment below with your Minecraft IGN or tweet it at us at @FireWork_Server then you will get entered into the prize draw, Winner will be announced this Tuesday(3rd July 2018)! Good luck to everyone entering!

Soooo, oh we don't need a transition - This Summer with FireWork

Alright, so you're probably wondering, Why does this matter? Something I want to keep going is transparency with our players about what is going on behind the scenes of firework because I feel that is something not many servers do although yes there are still things to be a surprise and kept secret i want to at least let you guys know what is going on!

Okay so I'm just going on now, lets cut to the point, I can officially confirm that as of Monday production will be restarting on the network after our month or so break from everything whilst I was away for exams, I will be getting the builders to work on some things for a new game mode we hope to bring out this summer and some more content for what mini modes we have at the moment, so more paintball maps and maybe some more mob arena maps!

Now the last thing of everything I have to say is, So summer we have a lot of time off together as a team and we wanted to do something that YOU guys want! So what I've done is created a straw poll for you to vote on with four options of what we could do this summer for you guys, Voting ends in a week time(From tomorrow) and i will announce in our discord server what has won the straw poll then! You can vote by clicking here other than that, that's all for now!

Thank you all for reading and thank you all for the past year of FireWork awesomeness!

~ <3

2. Daisy

Daisy Sparkler

Happy Birthday Firework!

JakehBean, KittencatDaraTEI and Neb like this.
  3. BaileyIsSeasonal

BaileyIsSeasonal Sparkler

I'm entering: BaileyIsBritish

4. JustWander

JustWander Mod Manager
    Managing Staff Moderator

JustWander
    Here's to another great year of FireWork!

#4 JustWander, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  5. BaileyIsSeasonal

Cheers *clink of glasses full of squash*

6. Neb

Neb Sparkler

Nebebeb
    FireStar
    Congrats to Firework being one year old! Firework has made a great impact this year on me. I've met so many new friends and I've made so many great memories here! I can't wait to see what Fw has planned for the rest of the summer! I also can't wait to see who wins the contest, gl everyone! Thanks for including my pictures in the background, the builders did an incredible job making the hub! And of course, thanks Tangwyllt for making Firework happen <3 :):D

7. 3Fiedels

3Fiedels Sparkler

Excited to see that Spotify song. ;)

JakehBean and Neb like this.
  8. KittencatDaraTEI

KittencatDaraTEI Sparkler

YesItsKittenCat
    FireStar
    Happy birthday firework, good luck to everyone who entered the competition - YesitsKittencat

Neb likes this.
  9. BaileyIsSeasonal

Am I your friend?

Neb likes this.
  10. Neb

Neb Sparkler

Nebebeb
    FireStar
    Yes :p

Daisy likes this.
  11. KekSaysHeck

KekSaysHeck Sparkler

Happy BDay to one of the few creative servers I'm not banned from! IGN- KekTheNormie (if I win I donate the rank to Peppermint36Two)

Neb likes this.
  12. EPIC Warrior

EPIC Warrior Staff Member
    Builder Moderator

Happy B Day FW!!! Ty tang so much for making such and amazing server. Ty guys so much for letting me be on the team!
    ~ Stay EPIC :D

Neb likes this.
  13. wolvesbane1

wolvesbane1 Build Team Member
    Builder

wolvesbane1
    build team
    Entering the giveaway-wolvesbane1

14. wolvesbane1

wolvesbane1 Build Team Member
    Builder

wolvesbane1
    build team
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY FW! as the community goes i'm still rather nw being here for a few months and in that time i have grown to love the fw server but more importantly the community, i have made many new friends here that otherwise i would never have met, so hears to another year and many more!

Neb likes this.
  15. Peppermint

Peppermint Sparkler

Happy Birthday Firework.
    Peppermint36Two to enter the giveaway

Neb likes this.
  16. zuluwest12

zuluwest12 Sparkler

zuluwest12
    FireStar
    enter to com = zuluwest12